There is nothing painful and troublesome than to bear the sufferings due to the growth of boils on your buttocks. Yes! Boils on butts and Thighs are not easy to remove as it uses to reappear at the adjacent places with other symptoms like fever and severe pain.
The situation goes worse when the pus-filled bumps become big and cause trouble to move and sit. Although there are medicines to fix the problem, before trying strong antibiotics, you should go for several home remedies which are not only money saving, but also health friendly.
So to make you well informed about all the possible home remedies, we are here with an article about home remedies to remove boils on the butt.
What is Boil and How they Formed:
Boils starts with infection by any foreign pathogen like a virus, bacteria etc. These pathogens use to make a colony inside the body and grow in number by reproduction.
In most of the cases, boil develops around the hair follicles with a reddish bump. In due course, the bump turns bigger, and a white pus-filled tip on the outer surface of the infected area is formed.
Boils can occur at any part of our body, but the most common body parts are the butt, armpit and knee fold etc. Sometimes multiple boil can appear in a group which is more painful and difficult to remove.
Multiple boils, which is known as Carbuncle, are more painful and take time to heal.
What Causes Boils:
Boils are caused due to the activities of bacteria known as Staphylococcus aureus, which lives under the skin surface in human without causing any harm.
It becomes active only when it enters our body when we develop any cut or wound on the upper surface of the skin. It enters into the body and causes boils to come out.
There is also different type of bacteria that causes boil when they get down to the hair follicles.
Apart from this person with the following health disorders are prone to boils growth. They are—
• Who has chronic Diabetes
• Lack of Hygiene.
• Who are suffering from malnutrition
• Who works with harsh chemicals
• People with poor immunity system.
Symptoms Of Boils on Butt, armpits and Inner Thighs:
In most of the cases boils start with a simple hard small lump on the butt area which often looks similar to skin rash. But in a few days, the bumps turn red and gets bigger with severe pain. In a few cases, pain starts from the day the boil comes out. So here are some specific symptoms so that you can easily identify a boil.
The skin next to the bump turns red and swelling stars in a few hours.
• Body temperature may rise high in case the infection is severe.
• The pain becomes more acute, and it’s tough to move or sit.
• The lymph nodes may also swell.
• Pus gets deposited at the centre and the boil increases in size.
• There may be an itchy feeling.
Home Remedies for Boils:
How to Prevent Boils? Boils are always troublesome until it is treated and drained. The pain becomes severe with time, and the intensity of the infection becomes acute. So it’s urgent to start treatment as soon as possible.
Therefore before you seek any medical advice, you can try some effective home remedies which have no side effects.
These home remedies can be done with simple ingredients which are easily available at home.
1. Tea Tree Oil for Boils:
Tea tree oil is obtained from the tea tree by the steam distillation process. This oil has been used for years to solve different health issues. It is loaded with antifungal, antimicrobial and antibiotic properties, and that is why it is very effective to treat boils and wounds.
But you keep in mind that before using it should be mixed with olive oil or coconut oil to avoid the burning sensation.
How to use:
• You need 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil.
• Mix it with one tablespoonful of coconut or olive oil.
• Apply on the boils carefully with a clean cotton swab.
• Repeat it twice with a fresh cotton swab.
2. Heat Compress with Magnesium Sulfate:
Magnesium sulphate or Epsom salt helps to reduce pain and swelling of any wounds or boils. So, warm water and Epsom salt compress is a well-known home remedy in case of boils in butts.
It is also helpful to draw the toxins and kill the bacteria and alleviate the soreness of muscles in the infected area. Heat compress is one the best home remedy as heat-induced the white blood cells and antibodies to combat against the infection.
This method is helpful to reduce the pus-filled boils on the butt as heat draws the pus at the surface.
How to use:
• Take one and a half cup of clean water. Warm it.
• Add two tea spoonful of magnesium sulphate powder into it.
• Mix it well and dip a piece of clean cotton cloth or medicated cotton into it.
• Now put this warm cloth on the boils on the butt and wait for 5 minutes and again dip into the warm water and repeat.
Do this five to six times a day.
3. Turmeric for Boils:
Turmeric is a well-known herb with numerous health potential for a long time. It is a precious ingredient in ayurvedic medicine and our kitchen.
Turmeric contains curcumin which works as an antibacterial agent, and it is effective to kill the boil, causing bacteria and reduce the inflammation. To cure boils on butt turmeric powder or raw turmeric roots both can be used.
It also prevents boil growth if you in ingest it with milk or water. Honey also helps in rapid healing as it is a powerful antibacterial agent.
• Take two spoons of turmeric powder or raw turmeric paste.
• Boil it with one cup of milk or water and cool down.
• Drink it at least twice a day to get rid of boils on the butt.
• Mix a spoonful of turmeric powder with one spoonful of honey.
• Make a paste and apply tropically on the boils.
• Allow it to dry.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar can reduce the inflammation if applied tropically on the boils on the butt. It is antimicrobial in nature; therefore, it works efficiently to damage the bacteria, and it also balances the ph level of the skin.
How to Use:
• Put two tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
• Dip a cotton pad into it and make it dry by squeeze it gently.
• Apply it on the boils and keep it for 10 minutes.
• Repeat 3 to 4 times a day.
5. Onion Juice:
If you want to get fast relief from the butt boils, onion juice is another useful home remedy. Onion has antiseptic properties, and it contains sulphur compounds that help the boil to dry from inside.
How to Use:
• Cut one big size fresh onion into several pieces.
• Cover the boils on the butt with this slice and hold it with surgical tape.
• Change the slice after 3 to 4 hrs.
6. Castor Oil and Betel Leaf:
Betel leaf is known as common Pan Patta with amazing medical benefits. The leaves have a huge quantity of vitamins like vitamin C, Niacin, Riboflavin carotene and calcium. Castor oil also has a chemical compounds known as Ricinoleic acid, which is anti-inflammatory.
How to use:
• Take fresh betel leaf and soak it in warm water to soften. Also, take two tea spoon of castor oil.
• Coat the soften betel leaf with castor oil and cover the butt boils. Keep it for one hour.
• Repeat the method for several days with new betel leaf.
Alovera can do wonder to cure any problem related to skin. It has magical healing power, and it also quickens the healing procedure as far as boils on the butt or any wound are concerned.
The juice like cream inside the aloe vera stalk has a calming effect, and it is useful to reduce itching and inflammation.
How to use:
• Take aloe vera leaf and cut into two halves from the middle.
• Collect the fresh juice and apply in on the boils on the butt area.
• Repeat it for several days.
8. Neem Leaf:
Neem is a wonderful gift from Mother Nature, which is sufficient to solve any skin problem. There are many traditional uses of Neem, which includes the killing of harm full bacteria that causes boils or rashes. Neem is also a strong anti-inflammatory agent.
How to use:
• You need at least ten fresh Neem leaves. Grind it and make a smooth paste with water.
• Apply evenly on the butt boils and cover it with a soft bandage cloth.
• Keep for one hour to get the effective result and every time use a fresh cloth to cover.
• You will get relief in a few days.
9. Potato Paste:
Potato is a very common vegetable in our kitchen with huge benefits. But this simple looking vegetable is a store house of antibiotics and anti microbial compounds. So we can use potato juice to get rid of any types of infection and boils.
How to use:
• Peel off and cut one medium size potato.
• Add two tea spoon of water and grind it to make a smooth paste. Squeeze the pulp to extract the juice.
• Apply the liquid on the boils on the butt area with a cotton ball.
• Repeat this two or three time in a day
10. Black Cumin:
Nigella sativa or black cumin seed is a familiar ingredient in our kitchen with numerous health advantages. It is useful to treat problems related to skin and hair. It is anti microbial and antiseptic in nature so it can quickly reduce the swelling and pain of the boil infection.
How to use:
• Take two tea spoons of cumin seed and grind it with water.
• Apply this smooth paste on the boils with the help of gauze or clean cloth
• You can also use black cumin oil from the market.
• Personal hygiene is an essential factor to prevent boils on butts and other body parts.
• Never try to squeeze or try to burst the boil with the nail to prevent it from worsening
• Drink several glasses of water to wash off all the toxins inside your body. It will also keep you hydrated.
• Dieting is also a prominent way to reduce boils on butts.
• Avoid too much fit undergarments and trousers.
• Try to use medicated soap during summer.
Therefore, I hope you will find these home remedies enough to eradicate small butt boils. But in case, if there is no improvement within one week, then you must consult your medical adviser.
They will help you with proper advice. Otherwise, these home remedies are fine to get rid of the pain and infection.